Chewy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Makes 16 cookies
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter or ghee (keep it plant-based by using coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp. milk/milk alternative (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana very well and add the wet ingredients. Stir everything together. You can also blend them in a blender or food processor but don’t over blend (you may end up with less fluffy of a cookie).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter on parchment paper covered baking sheets by the Tablespoonful.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. I highly recommend checking them at the 10 minute mark. They may not appear to be done on top but if you see the bottom is golden brown, remove from the oven to let cool. Almond flour is very fragile and can burn easily.
*Note: Because these cookies are SO PURE, they will only keep for 3 days max. Freeze them once they are cooled if you want to save some…..although I’m sure you’ll want to eat them all in one sitting. I freeze mine and take them out the morning of-they don’t take long at all to thaw.