Pumpkin Granola Squares
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not instant)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup crushed almonds (or more seeds to keep it nut-free)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp. salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, nuts, coconut, hemp hearts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, coconut oil, honey, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and mix together thoroughly.
- Place the granola mix in a lightly sprayed 8x8 pan (or make a parchment paper sling for easy removal). Press down firmly to ensure it’s packed down nicely.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Try to let it cool completely before cutting. Premature cutting may result in some crumbles as the granola will still be quite soft and tender.